Program Rules -2019
2019 Season Program Rules – Effective Dec 1 2018
NOTE: These rules are subject to change if needed to clarify issues that may arise. Rule changes will be announced on the www.greenbeanendurance.org website and on the Facebook group. We are still working on all categories for bonus points for the 2019 season. Stay tuned for changes!
- Riders must join AERC and Green Bean Endurance Challenge to participate in this program.
- Once confirmed, notification will be sent to GBE secretary and you’ll be added to the scoreboards.
- Registration fee is $15/rider. These fees pay for the awards and maintenance of the website
- Riders will be automatically included in the Individual Rider points program based on each rider/horse unit.
- Riders will need to complete a second registration form on this site to sign up for a team, beginning December 1 and ending February 15.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Riders must be an AERC member in good standing.
- Riders must have less than 1000 combined AERC miles from both LD and endurance at the start of each season.
- A TEAM may include any combination of JR and SR riders and/or riders that have any experience level up to 1000 miles of AERC completions.
- Teams consist of no more than five riders.
- A rider may only belong to one team.
- Each team is allowed to substitute one rider through May 1 only if no team ride points have been accumulated. Substitutions must be approved by the admins.
- Points are earned based on the rider, not the horse. A rider may earn points on multiple horses, regardless of who owns the horse.
DIVISIONS – EXPERIENCE LEVELS
We assign teams and riders into experience levels based on their starting AERC mileage. Based on the number of participants in a division, we reserve the right to combine them for year end awards.
- TEAMS will be separated into divisions based on combined mileage of all riders. We try to use these mileage delineations but reserve the right to adjust these brackets based on total number of teams.
- On-the-vine (0-499 miles)
- Picked (500-1499 miles)
- Cooked (1500 – 5000 miles)
- Individuals will be separated into the following divisions.
- On-The-Vine: 0-99 Miles
- Picked: 100-499 Miles
- Cooked: 500-1000 Miles.
- Junior: 0-1000 Miles
- Only AERC sanctioned rides and approved events are allowed to receive points.
- The competition is aligned with the AERC points year which is December 1 through November 30.
- Points will begin accruing upon verification of AERC and Green Bean Membership. Points will not be retroactive. There is a grace period through February 1.
- Ride Points
- Non-completion due to a vet pull: 1 point
- Non-complete due to a rider option: 5 points
- LD completion: miles x 1
- Endurance 50-74 miles: miles x 1.25
- Endurance 75 – 100 miles: miles x 1.5
- Endurance 100 miles: miles x 1.75
- Bonus points.
- Utilizing a mentor -15 points (15 points max/season)
- Volunteering at an AERC ride. 10 points per day or 5 points per half day
- Manage a ride. Your name must be on the AERC website as manager or listed on the ride flyer – 50 points each
- Entry-level rides. Must be held on the same day over the same trails as an AERC event. Must have a pre-and post- ride vet check. Must be between 5 and 15 miles long. – 10 points each
- Riding the same horse back to back LD – 10 points each consecutive day
- Riding the same horse back to back Endurance – 15 points each consecutive day
- Sponsor a junior at a ride. The junior need not be a GBE member – 5 points each ride
- Clinics: AERC Endurance 101/102 clinic and/or completing the Endurance Essentials online course – 15 points each
- Seminars at AERC or regional AERC affiliated club (SEDRA, UMECRA, PNER, etc). 5 points each
- Webinars: Hosted by Green Bean or AERC-I – 5 points each
SUBMITTING A RIDE OR BONUS POINT FORM
PLEASE READ!! IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR AERC RIDES OR BONUS POINT ACTIVITIES, YOU WILL NOT GET ANY POINTS!
- Riders are required to submit a report for every ride attended regardless if the ride was completed.
- All rides – including pulls and rider-options – must be submitted within 30 days of the event date. (Effective beginning February 1, 2019)
- Rides must be submitted using the GBE activity submission form.
- Activity reports can be submitted by anyone; you do not need to submit your own.
- All bonus points must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of each event and no later than Nov 30, 2019.
- Rider records will be verified against official AERC records.
- Scoreboards are updated no less than twice each month. We are volunteers and sometimes life events happen that prevent us from updating it more frequently.
- GBE reserves the right to have a blackout period at the end of the season that hides scores.
- Updates and standings will be posted on the www.greenbeanendurance.org website as well as the Green Bean Endurance Challenge facebook group.
- A rider must receive a minimum of 10 points in order to receive an completion award and certificate. This means if a rider on a winning team does not have any points, no team award will be given to that rider.
- The number of awards given will vary depending on the total number of eligible teams.
- TEAM High point awards will be awarded in each division unless fewer than 5 teams per division are registered. GBE Secretary reserves the right to combine divisions based on number of registered teams. (Number of awards will vary based on participation rate)
- Individual High point awards will be awarded to the top rider/horse unit in each experience division.