LINK AVAILABLE THRU FEB 19th
Miss it Live? We had a huge response to the pre-registration offering and ran out of seats for the class!
Listen to the recording from tonight’s webinar where Patti discussed
- Managing the Older Endurance Horse *Pay attention to the little stuff before it becomes the BIG stuff*
- Arthritic changes in the older horses, what to look for and how to manage them. Prevention.
- Hoofcare is key! Facebook Group: ABCHoofcare. Long toes, underrun heels a problem in many horses.
- Cushings and other Metabolic issues – loss of topline and importance of saddle fit
- Changes in the ability to metabolize certain feed
- Difficulty maintaining weight – nutrients not used as efficiently, dental changes
- When to consider retirement
2. Handling conditioning and competition anxiety (mostly human!)
- Focus on the training your horse needs to be successful at a ride and the conditioning will happen
- Stretching the Rubberband
- Playing leap-frog on group rides
- Ride start anxiety tips – Race Brain!
- Use Positive Mental Imagery
Thoughtful training and wet saddle blankets solve most problems…But, sometimes there is just a mismatch of horse/rider. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
3. Electrolyte fundamentals lot more info in the essentials course
- Basic elytes which are lost in sweat: Sodium, Chloride, Magnesium, Potassium & Calcium
- Salt is salt…and an acquired taste
- Travel is tough & dehydrates the horse – start your elyting a few days before travel
- Humans and horses all have preferences – find “Whatever Works”
- Trouble with dosing? Goat drenching/dosing syringes; Use buffers, rinse out the mouth. Let them graze!
So, here’s the link to the Adobe Connect recording:
Don’t forget, GBE Members get a discount on the Endurance Essentials course that Patti and her husband put together! I highly recommended taking it if you haven’t already 🙂
Thanks again to Patti for putting this together!