Green Bean Endurance is offering yet another way to have fun with our horses!
Endomondo is a social fitness network which allows users to track their fitness and health statistics with a mobile application and website. What’s that have to do with Green Beans? Well…. each year, we set up challenges over at Endomondo that are for Green Bean members only. The two main challenges are riding only and everything but riding.
1) AERC Green Bean Endurance RIDING (Members Only)
This Challenge is where you can track all riding for the year. If you select “riding” as the activity sport type, all miles and hours will accumulate for you automatically in the challenge. You can track arena riding, trail riding, and competition miles here. All riding counts.
2. AERC Green Bean Endurance FITNESS (Members only)
This Challenge is for fitness related activities other than riding! It includes activities such as running, walking, hiking, aerobics, yoga, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, weightlifting, and circuit training. The challenge is to have at least 15 minutes of an activity that is over and above your regular daily routine, which will count as a workout. Who will get in the most?
- From a web browser (chrome, safari, explorer, edge, etc), navigate to www.endomondo.com
- Log in to your acount or create a new one.
- Click these links to join the challenge. In the upper right hand corner, you should see your avatar. if you see “login” then login first.
- It is always easier to join challenges if you are on a web browser and NOT the Endomondo App. You can always search for Green Beans to find our challenges.
- If you need technical assistance, refer to the Endomondo help files.
Use the smartphone Endomondo app. (Note: this will drain your battery faster)
Manually enter the workout. Go to History on the menu and then add the workout. This can be done from the desktop or mobile version of endomondo.
Use another device and import your workout. Endomondo can import from many devices. It can also sync directly with many other programs such as Garmin Connect.
Export your friends workout if you rode together then import it onto your profile.
The Riding challenge will only report miles for the sport “riding”.
Which activities are included in the Fitness challenge?
The fitness challenge is for any activity type OTHER than riding. For example, all workouts from these categories are included.
- Running (treadmill)
- Trail Running
- Walking (treadmill)
- Cycling (Sport)
- Cycling (Indoor)
- Mountain Biking
- Skiing (Cross Country)
- Weight Training
- Circuit Training
- Elliptical Training
Due to privacy settings, we cannot embed the leaderboards here. Please visit Endomondo and navigate to Challenges to see what your standings are. If you notice a non-member present, please send an email to Deb.
Please note: We are not affiliated with Endomondo in any manner; nor can we provide support for technical issues with using their application. We can help with general questions.