Effective: Dec 1, 2022
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ THESE RULES AND ASK THE PROGRAM ADMINSTRATORS IF YOU ARE UNSURE OR EXPERIENCE A TECHNICAL ISSUE.
NOTE: These rules are subject to change if needed to clarify issues that may arise.
- Riders must join AERC and Green Bean Endurance Challenge to participate in this program.
- Once confirmed, notification will be sent to GBE secretary and you’ll be added to the database.
- Registration fee is $15/rider. These fees pay for the awards and maintenance of the website
- Riders will be automatically included in the Individual Rider points program based on each rider/horse unit.
- Team leaders will need to complete a second registration form on this site to create a team, beginning sometime in December and ending March 15. The Teams Coordinator will assist team leaders and riders in forming teams, as needed.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Riders must be an AERC member in good standing.
- Riders must have less than 1000 combined AERC miles from both LD and endurance at the start of each season.
- A TEAM may include any combination of JR and SR riders and/or riders that have any experience level up to 1000 miles of AERC completions.
- Teams may have few than 3 members during Open Teams registration. Upon close of registration, teams with 3 or fewer riders will be consolidated.
- Teams consist of a minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 team members.
- A rider may only belong to one team.
- Each team is allowed to substitute one rider through May 1 only if no AERC ride points have been accumulated. Substitutions must be approved by the admins.
- Points are earned based on the rider, not the horse. A rider may earn points on multiple horses, regardless of who owns the horse.
DIVISIONS – EXPERIENCE LEVELS
Team and riders are assigned to an experience level based on AERC mileage as of December 1 of the current season.
- TEAMS will be separated into divisions based on combined mileage of all riders. We try to use these mileage delineations but reserve the right to adjust these brackets based on total number of teams.
- On-the-vine (0-499 miles)
- Picked (500-1499 miles)
- Cooked (1500 – 5000 miles)
- Individuals will be separated into the following divisions.
- On-The-Vine: 0-99 Miles
- Picked: 100-499 Miles
- Cooked: 500-1000 Miles.
- Junior: 0-1000 Miles
ELIGIBLE RIDES AND EVENTS
- Only events that are sanctioned by AERC qualify to receive RIDE points. This is limited to Limited Distance (LD) and Endurance. If AERC does not report results for your ride, either ridden, volunteered, crewed or otherwise, no points are allocated unless specifically defined under Bonus Point below.
- The competition is aligned with the AERC points year which is December 1 through November 30.
- Points will begin accruing upon verification of AERC and Green Bean Membership. Points will not be retroactive. There is a grace period through February 1.
ACTIVITY SUBMISSION FORM
- Bonus points must be sent to the scorekeeper using only the Activity Submission Form.
- Users must be logged in to submit the form
- Anyone with a login can submit entries, such a teammate or a parent. Please reach out to us if you need a login for assisting with submitting entries.
- All bonus points must be submitted within 60 days of the completion of each event and no later than Dec 5, 2023.
- For any errors or issues correcting a prior submission, please submit a correction.
- Scoreboards are updated no less than once each month. We are volunteers and sometimes life events happen that prevent us from updating it more frequently. Riding points will be delayed, dependent upon AERC ride results being updated.
- GBE reserves the right to have a blackout period at the end of the season.
- All discrepancies or errors on the final scoreboards must be reported no later than Dec 15th.
- A rider must receive a minimum of 25 points in order to receive a completion award and certificate. This means if a rider on a winning team does not have at least 25 points, no team award will be given to that rider.
- The number of awards given will vary depending on the total number of eligible teams and riders.
- TEAM High point awards will be awarded in each division unless fewer than 5 teams per division are registered. GBE scorekeeper reserves the right to combine divisions based on number of registered teams. (Number of awards will vary based on participation rate)
- Individual High point awards will be awarded to the top rider/horse unit in each experience division.
- If a rider is the top individual rider and also a member of the top team, rider will only receive one high point award. Additional lines of embroidery will be included, if possible.
|Source||Description||Points Earned||Combined Daily Limits||Max/Day||Max/Season||Additional Information|
|AERC Results||Endurance - 100||1 pt per mile + 0.75 per mile endurance multiplier bonus||Excluding those points not subject to daily limits, no additional points may be combined.||-||-||Riders may still earn points from Ride Reports, Back to Backs, and Sponsoring Juniors.|
|AERC Results||Endurance - 75||1 pt per mile + 0.50 per mile endurance multiplier bonus||Excluding those points not subject to daily limits, no additional points may be combined.||-||-||Riders may still earn points from Ride Reports, Back to Backs, and Sponsoring Juniors.|
|AERC Results||Endurance - 50||1 pt per mile + 0.25 per mile endurance multiplier bonus||Excluding those points not subject to daily limits, no additional points may be combined.||-||-||Riders may still earn points from Ride Reports, Back to Backs, and Sponsoring Juniors.|
|AERC Results||Limited Distance||1 pt per mile||Max 15 bonus points||-||-||Riders may still earn points from Ride Reports, Back to Backs, and Sponsoring Juniors beyond the 15 point limit|
|AERC Results||Rider Option||10 pts||Max 15 bonus points||-||-||Riders may still earn points from Ride Reports, Back to Backs, and Sponsoring Juniors beyond the 15 point limit|
|AERC Results||Disqualifications||5 pts||Max 15 bonus points||-||-||Riders may still earn points from Ride Reports, Back to Backs, and Sponsoring Juniors beyond the 15 point limit|
|AERC Results||Vet Pulls||5 pts||Max 15 bonus points||-||-|
|AERC Results||Back to Back - Same Rider||5 pts||Not subject to combined daily limits||-||-||Same day or consecutive day(s). Ride two times in a row on a different horse, earn 5 points. Must earn a completion in both rides. Each additional consecutive day(s) ridden will earn 5 pts.|
|AERC Results||Back to Back - Same Horse||10 pts||Not subject to combined daily limits||-||-||Same day or consecutive day(s). Ride two times in a row on the same horse, earn 10 points. Must earn a completion in both rides. Each additional consecutive day(s) ridden will earn 10 pts.|
|Bonus Points Form||Manage an AERC Ride||50 pts each event date||Not eligible for any other riding or bonus points.||50 pts||100 pts||Cannot be combined with any other bonus point on day RM points earned. Your name must be listed as a manager/co-manager on the AERC website or on the ride flyer|
|Bonus Points Form||Competitive Trail Rides||1 pt per mile||Max 15 additional bonus points, not to exceed 50 total points.||50 pts||100 pts||Must be held by an accredited CTR program (NATRC, UMECRA). Must have a pre-and post- ride vet check. Completions only – no points received for pulls or ride options. Must include link to ride flyer or results|
|Bonus Points Form||Volunteering||5 pts - half day; 10 pts - full day||10 pts||10 pts||-||Must be an AERC event (Limited Distance + Endurance).|
|Bonus Points Form||Crew||15 pts - 100 mile event; 10 pts - 75 mile event; 5 pts - 50-65 mile event; 1 pt - LD event||15 pts||15 pts||100 pts||Must be an AERC event (Limited Distance + Endurance). Points are per rider crewed.|
|Bonus Points Form||Entry Level Ride||10 pts each||15 pts||10 pts||50 pts||Must be held on the same day over the same trails as an AERC event. Must have a pre-and post- ride vet check. Must be between 5 and 15 miles long|
|Bonus Points Form||Ride & Tie/Equathon||1 pt per mile||Max 15 additional bonus points, not to exceed 50 total points.||50 pts||100 pts||Must have a pre-and post- ride vet check. Must include link to ride flyer or results|
|Bonus Points Form||Trail Maintenance||3 pts per hour||15 pts||15 pts||100 pts||Only hours spent maintaing trails can be included for GB Points (on trail, with tools to cut/clear trails). These hours must be reported to AERC. Must follow guidelines here https://www.aerc.org/static/TrailHours.aspx.|
|Bonus Points Form||Ride Report||1 pt each report||Not subject to combined daily limits||2 pts||-||Must be an AERC event (Limited Distance + Endurance).|
|Bonus Points Form||Sponsor a Junior||5 pts each junior||Not subject to combined daily limits||-||-||EMust be an AERC event (Limited Distance + Endurance). Points are per junior sponsored.|
|Bonus Points Form||Test Submission||5 pts||-||-||5 pts||Sing up for Green Beans and test out the Activity Submission Form - get freebie points.|
|Bonus Points Form||Attend a Clinic||15 pts||-||15 pts||30 pts||Must be an AERC or Regional Club clinic OR complete the Endurance Essentials online course.|
|Bonus Points Form||Mentor||15 pts||-||-||15 pts||Find a mentor and earn bonus points.|
|Bonus Points Form||Seminars||5 pts||-||-||-||Seminars are in person for endurance related topic at AERC or regional AERC affiliated club (SEDRA, UMECRA, PNER, etc).|
|Bonus Points Form||Webinars||5 pts||-||-||-||Webinars are online sessions for endurance related topic hosted by Green Beans, AERC, AERC-I, or SERA 100MM series. Webinar must have been initially scheduled during the 2023 season. Webinars created prior to this season are not eligible for any bonus points|
|Bonus Points Form||Write an Article||5 pts||-||-||15 pts||Write an article for Endurance News and/or the Green Bean Blog. We may select your article to be published so think of this as something you’d want to see in Endurance News or showcased on our Green Bean Blog or Newsletter. Email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Tally-Hoe Form||Tally-Hoe Mileage Derby||5 points per 100 miles||-||-||-||Automatically applied at end of season based on your Tally-Hoe mileage totals.|