- Short on time? Climb some hills.
- Want to strengthen your horse’s thigh and gaskin muscles? Trot uphill. Long and slow.
- Would you like to build muscle in your horse’s hindquarters and forearms? Climb some hills.
- Horse short on cardio strength? Well…up we go! Think steep!
- Would you like to improve your horse’s overall coordination? Sideways on a hillside (both directions).
- Want to maximize without injury? Easy and gradually increasing difficulty over time as fitness allows.
Do not underestimate the conditioning potential of hills. Slow, fast, sideways, up and down. Pick one day a week to utilize hill work in your horse’s conditioning regimen.